Friday, March 16, 2012

Romeo & Juliet Response 2

Romeo and Juliet is most definitely a challenge to read.  The old English is such a brain teaser. You think it means one thing, when really it means another. Anyways, I think that this book is really just a cheesy- yet cute play. Its cheesy how they are so in love and they just met. They are acting like they have been together for years. Juliet is all like Oh Romeo Oh Romeo! And Romeo like a creep is spying on her behind a bush. I understand this is long long time ago, but looking at it at modern day perspective, and imagining it happening here in New York. Its crazy.
The romantic part about it, is that Romeo is willing to do anything to get Juliet's love, even though he knows its a sin in Verona to love a Capulet. He is willing to change his love, leave all his royalty and power behind, get married to her in the middle of nowhere, just to get her love and for her to be his. Even though we all know what will happen later on in the story, if I were in the present time and Romeo's friend, I would tell him that he shouldn't be so head over heels over Juliet. He just had this whole thing with Rosaline, and now BAM. He's all like "I wanna marry you Juliet please be the mother of my kids" and all this stuff. I think that he should realize who he really is, and what kind of girl he really wants. I think that he's really just wanting to fall in love and have the feeling that he really loves someone and that someone loves him back.
But really, this is just all in my perspective. Some people might think that this is the best book/play ever written, but personally, I think that the details are a bit too exaggerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment